Jobs at HDNet / AXS TV
If you are interested in applying for one of the open positions below, please submit your resume, salary requirements and professional references to: email@example.com. Please include the job title in the email subject.
Director, On Air Promotions - Denver
AXS TV is seeking a Director, On Air Promotions in Denver to lead the development of conceptual treatments, to write and produce promos, and branded content as part of the AXS TV Creative team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead On-Air Creative projects from initial green-lighting of the assignment through concept, production, post-production & delivery, working closely with the creative team and management to ensure creative goals are being met.
- As a Senior Writer in the department, staffer must have exceptional writing skills. Responsible for scripting all on-air messaging and writing compelling and arresting campaign concepts & treatments, defining and implementing the brand's voice across all creative work, write copy and scripts that bring the brand to life and deliver on creative brief objectives and strategies. Write ad copy for all platforms including online & consumer marketing. Writing is an essential daily function.
- Oversee tune-in language implementation and be a watchdog for consistency channel wide and write monthly messaging.
- Direct & Produce promo and interstitial shoots.
- With a staff of 10+ Producers and Editors, the Director will both contribute to and oversee the production of all on-air promotions to drive tune-in and ratings for programming across the network, to include entertainment, concerts, fights, original programming, sizzle reels, and other ad sales-driven initiatives as needed. S/he will assign projects to the Producers and manage the process to ensure that projects are delivered in a timely fashion. In addition to oversight, s/he will also produce and deliver projects alongside the team.
- Work with design team to develop a cohesive and innovative look and tone for all AXS TV on-air promotions and marketing materials.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions for projects.
- Work with outside partners as needed (designer shops, music producers, etc.) to create promotional elements for network.
- Develop break through creative that will drive brand awareness, rating and image.
- Concept creative for a variety of needs across network including: show launches, image spots, branded content, interstitials, integrated promos, off channel advertising, on-the-ground marketing material.
- Juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track.
- Assume leadership role by mentoring colleagues, supporting growth of junior members.
AXS TV has an immediate opening for a Vice President of Marketing. We are seeking a strategic, creative and entrepreneurial leader with a deep understanding of creative brand messaging and voice, strategy and the ability to oversee execution of brand direction.
- Lead all aspects of AXS TV's marketing strategy and planning, including Media Planning, and the oversight of Promotions, Creative Services and Digital departments
- Develop and present all network off-air media plans and work with media planning on the budget allocation for off-air buys. Optimize paid advertising, on air and digital network environments, promotional partners and affiliate marketing plans.
- Work with team members to construct pointed and inspired brand positioning to guide the creative development process and ensure a cohesive campaign is built and delivered.
- Effectively manage timelines and deploy budgets to meet defined business objectives.
- Collaborate with key internal clients to build integrated marketing plans.
- Contribute as an integral member of the senior marketing team, effectively managing direct reports and influencing peers and colleagues.
- Lead and oversee creative development of on-air promo and environment for all screens
- Effectively manage multiple projects in a fast paced, ever changing environment. A strong understanding of digital advertising
- Work in direct and close contact with Programming and Marketing to establish achievable creative goals and timelines for development, presentation, approval and execution
- Oversee production & creative detail to ensure creative is delivered on time and on budget
- Utilize & leverage Audience Research to strengthen creative work through audience insights.
- Bachelor's degree; Minimum five years’ experience in entertainment marketing, ideally a television network environment; Minimum five years management experience; and/or training; and/or combination of education and experience.
- Strong strategic and creative skills are crucial, as well as strong organizational and operational expertise.
- Must have proven experience leading an entertainment marketing team, preferably in a television network environment.
- Must have an ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
Master Control Operator - Denver
This is a great opportunity for a motivated person with an eye for detail to build a career in High Definition Television Broadcasting. Broadcasting experience a plus, computer skills a must. Applicant should have some "on-air" broadcast experience as a Master Control operator. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, monitoring of daily broadcasts to meet all technical specs, ingesting programs for server playback, adjusting daily playlists for three separate networks, maintaining transmitter logs, switching commercial inserts for live events, transfer of and inclusion of closed captioning for programs. Applicant will need to grasp technical flow of programming in Master Control and be able to identify and respond immediately to any problem. Trouble shooting skills and logical thinking is an asset.
Experience with broadcast automation systems is desirable.
This is a shift position working 4 - 10 hour days from 10pm to 8am.
Sports Editor - Denver
AXS TV's Inside MMA program has an immediate opening for a sports editor with 3+ years of experience. Qualified candidates must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis in Premiere Pro and After Effects. Prior experience in editing movie/television promos/graphic design/creative services and print design is a plus. Must be able to work collaboratively in a creative environment and meet tight deadlines. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro is also helpful.
Broadcast Engineer - Denver
AXSTV is currently seeking a Broadcast Engineer. Join a skilled and innovative engineering team. This position will primarily be responsible (in collaboration) for implementation and daily maintenance of HDTV broadcast facilities and down-linking live events for processing and re-transmission
- Minimum five years engineering experience in a master control, broadcast or studio production environment
- Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering
- Must be able to manage his/her self
- Computer and networking skills
Additional skills/experience helpful:
- Mac/Adobe Premiere experience
- IT/Networking Knowledge
- C and Ku band up-link experience
- TV production and truck remote experience
- Understanding of MPEG and its tables
Engineering Assistant - Denver
AXS TV is currently seeking an Engineering Assistant. This position will primarily be responsible for pulling wires, cleaning equipment and cleaning up after projects by the more experienced engineers. This candidate will also be connectorizing cables and moving equipment in racks. Applicants should be:
- Responsible. Must be able to manage his/her self
- Basic Electronic knowledge (Ohm's law, identify a wire 9 times out of 10)
- Computer skills
- Have a desire to learn more about electronics and broadcasting
Additional skills/experience helpful:
- Mac/Adobe Premiere experience
- Understanding of basic networking
- Cleanliness as a passion
- Prior cable or satellite tv, telephone, network installation experience
AXS TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide excellent benefits to our full time employees.