Jobs at HDNET MOVIES / AXS TV
If you are interested in applying for one of the open positions below, please submit your resume, salary requirements and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the email subject.
Master Control Operator
We are seeking a qualified person to join our team of Master Control Operators for AXS TV and HDNet Movies. Broadcasting experience a plus, computer skills a must. Trouble shooting skills and logical thinking is an asset. Applicant must be motivated and able to work as a team member and also work alone.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, monitoring of daily broadcasts to meet all technical specs, file transfer and ingesting of programs for server playback to air.
Adjusting daily playlists for three separate networks while working closely with traffic to ensure accurate programming. Switching commercial inserts for live events, transfer of and inclusion of closed captioning for programs as well as monitoring DPI’s for local inserts. Applicant will need to grasp technical flow of programming in Master Control and be able to identify and respond immediately to any problem.
This is a shift position working 4 - 10 hour days from 10pm to 8am.
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume and salary requirements along with 3 references to: email@example.com
E2 (Second Engineer)
AXS TV is currently seeking an E2 to help on our production truck with our sports and entertainment departments.
Job Responsibilities for a Second Engineer (E2)
- Work closely with and support the Engineer-In-Charge (EIC) on the following items:
- Manage all aspects of the mobile unit broadcast engineering operations at remote events
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshooting while executing changes and engineering updates on the truck
- Track and report on equipment and system repair and maintenance status as well as following up on these issues
- Direct the activities of crew members related to the operation of the mobile unit
- Provide exceptional on-site client service and technical support
- Prepare technical reports at the conclusion of each event
- Operate satellite transmission equipment to send and receive satellite feeds to Denver Master Control
- Travel to remote events nationwide mostly on weekends
Qualifications for an E2:
- Strong technical skills are required including a solid understanding of computers and equipment
- 2+ years experience in remote broadcast engineering
- Solid working knowledge of broadcast technology and broadcast equipment
- Familiarity with audio, visual, and graphic systems used in mobile television units
- Excellent communications skills are essential in order to have positive interactions with our clients while still getting the job done
- Must be able to lift up 50-75 lbs
EOE. Good benefits. If interested, please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AXS TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide excellent benefits to our full time employees.