Jobs at HDNET MOVIES / AXS TV
If you are interested in applying for one of the open positions below, please submit your resume, salary requirements and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the email subject.
Art Director/Senior Graphic Designer - L.A.
In collaboration with members of the AXS TV creative team, the AD will conceive, design and execute graphic visual communications across multiple media platforms with an emphasis on on-air promotion including logos, ids, spots, stunts, interstitials as well as print, digital-social, collateral materials as well as off-air cross-platform advertising. The AD will work with all departments to drive the creative and graphic design process while maintaining brand consistency across various touchpoints.
- Work closely with department head to establish the network branding graphic message architecture and packaging and continue to evolve it while maintaining consistency over all touch points
- Responsible for concept generation, style guides, toolkits as well as execution of graphics for Network Packaging, On-Air and Off-Air Promotions, Marketing Materials, Social Media and On Demand
- Oversee Staff Graphic Designers to provide technical, creative, and project management assistance
- Work collaboratively on tight deadlines with minimal direction and lead a creative design team
- Strong ability to translate desired moods, messages, concepts, and underdeveloped ideas into graphical imagery
- Collaborate and help give the creative team direction, in particular the On-Air promotions group
- Work closely with internal team to ensure concepts are executed to their fullest potential
- Elevate the design aesthetic of all deliverables while ensuring brand integrity
- Minimum 7 years of designer experience in a broadcast production setting
- Experience in leading a design team
- Excellent knowledge of branding and design along with creativity, talent and industry experience
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and AfterFX , Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere (these are non-negotiable).
- Proficiency in a Mac OSX environment with Adobe CS5, including InDesign and Acrobat. Demonstrated knowledge of templates, master pages and styles
- Knowledge of of 3D animation and software (LightWave 3D, Cinema 4D, Maya) helpful.
- Expertise in television post-production procedures, workflows and technology, including digital file formats (eg:quicktime)
- Portfolio of creative designs that demonstrates originality, innovation and creative and which includes both purely graphical and footage-based creative.
- Proven experience designing all media including network branding identity, marketing materials, promotional media
- Can create and implement processes and workflows to effectively handle quantity and quality of projects
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working as a team player across all departments in different geographies
- Outstanding communication skills that combine a positive attitude, professionalism during stressful situations, and timely response to urgent requests
- Strong leadership skills and a strong work ethic with attention to detail and the ability to follow direction, with outstanding organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Highly creative and independent self-starter with great initiative and a strong sense of urgency and who is responsive to deadlines.
- A brand champion, one who thrives on being a go-to person for all things creative and graphic
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and communications skills…Both written & oral.
- Excellent strength of convictions – a self-confident leader who can effectively sell his/her or teams ideas and concepts to others.
- Unquestioned integrity. The AD must share in the company’s values of teamwork.
- A creative thinker, someone who believes in the importance of creative innovation.
- Always looking at creative design trends, competitive best practices and leveraging and sharing this knowledge with the team to improve the quality of creative and design
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
AXS TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide excellent benefits to our full time employees.